Privacy Eraser is an all-in-one privacy suite that protects your privacy by cleaning up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities. It supports popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
With simply one click, Privacy Eraser can quickly erase the Internet cache, cookies, browsing history, address bar history, typed urls, autocomplete form history, saved password and index.dat files of your browser, and Windows' run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting and much more.
Furthermore, Privacy Eraser supports plug-ins to extend cleaning features, you can easily delete the tracks left by any applications by making your own plug-ins. Privacy Eraser embedded more than 250 FREE plug-ins which supports the most popular programs such as ACDSee, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office, WinZip, WinRAR, Windows Media Player, VLC Player, eMule, BitTorrent, Google Toolbar and many others. With the flexible, highly customizable and open plug-in architecture, you can even customize your own exclusive Privacy Eraser!
Privacy Eraser works on Microsoft Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008 (32/64-bit) and supports Microsoft Windows FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems, completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once erased, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera
Cleans Internet cache (Temporary Internet Files ), Internet history, cookies, typed urls, download history, autocomplete/autofill form history, saved password, etc.
Cleans run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting, etc.
- Third-party Applications
Over 250 FREE, pre-configured plug-ins to clean the tracks of popular applications. You can also extend cleaning features by making your own app plug-ins. This allows you to easily remove the history traces left by any applications.
- Security Level
Supports Simple zero-fill (1 pass), US DoD 5220.22-M (3 passes), US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) (7 passes), Peter Gutmann (35 passes) and custom wipe methods.
- File Shredder
Permanently erases specified files and folders from your PC beyond recovery.
- Drive Wiper
Securely wipes spare and hidden data areas on your drives. All free clusters on the drives, including the contents of deleted files and folders, will be wiped like a new drive.
- Real-time Monitoring
You can set Privacy Eraser to run every time you close your browser, or you can set it to monitor your Windows system in the background and detect when to clean to free up the disk space.
- And much more...
- Easy to use
Cleans up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities with one click.
Permanently deletes Internet history, visited urls, saved user names and passwords from a public or shared computer.
Completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once deleted, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
Recovers and maximizes hard drive space by deleting unnecessary files.
Speeds up Internet surfing and browsing, boosts your PC's performance and stability making it much faster and efficient!
- Intel/AMD or other compatible processor
- Microsoft Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008 (32/64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM or more
- 10MB of available hard disk space
- Why do you need Privacy Eraser?
- Maybe you don't realize that Windows and many third-party applications store history about what you have done, what documents you have used, what websites you have visited, what images and movies you have seen, and various other activities you have performed. All these history are stored on your computer.
- The Windows built-in functions will not protect you, most of the history can not be deleted with them. Therefore, anyone else can see what you have been doing on your computer, which raises several privacy concerns. Furthermore, much of your activity information takes up valuable drive space, and recovering this space can be very beneficial.
- Cleaning up the history of your activities can be a tedious chore of manually removing each history file or entry. If privacy and drive space are to be maintained, this process must be performed every time you use your computer. Our excellent all-in-one privacy suite, Privacy Eraser can automate this process for you!
- How does it work?
- When you delete a file from Windows, Windows just mark the file as deleted in File Allocation Table, no data is changed or overwritten and the file's contents will still exist on your computer, there are many tools available which can let others easily recover your sensitive files. Privacy Eraser completely overwrites the contents of the file and then deletes it, so an undelete program will never be able to recover it.
- Furthermore, the free space on hard drive usually contains the contents of the files that were previously deleted using standard Windows system commands, even you can not see them, the deleted files are still on your hard drive. Privacy Eraser permanently erases all the data on the free space with several series of passes to minimize data remanence on drives using any current techniques of encoding data on the hard drive, ensures that deleted files will not be recovered by any third party software.
- Can data erased by Privacy Eraser be recovered?
- Privacy Eraser completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once erased, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
- Note: The US Department of Defense recommends 3 overwrites, NSA recommends 7 overwrites. The more times you specify, the longer the wipe cycle will take, especially for large files or hard drives.
- Why do some browsing history still exist after cleaning?
- It is strongly recommended that you close all Windows Explorers, browsers and applications before cleaning, because some files can not be deleted when they are in use. For Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera, even you close all the windows of them, maybe their icons are still in the system tray (lower right of the screen). Please check the system tray to see if there is an icon of them, if you can find, please right click on it to close it.
If you enabled Advanced sync settings in Google Chrome, please follow the steps below to change the sync settings:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click Settings on Google Chrome menu.
3. On Sign in section, click Advanced sync settings... button, a dialog box will appear.
4. Click dropdown box, select Choose what to sync.
5. Uncheck History checkbox, then click OK button.
6. Close Google Chrome and run Privacy Eraser again.
- Do I need to be an administrator to run Privacy Eraser?
- Ideally yes. But you can still use it as a standard or limited user. In this case, Windows may prevent you from performing some advanced cleaning tasks.
- Does Privacy Eraser clean all the user accounts on the computer?
- Yes, it does. With multi-user profiles cleaning, you can easily clean multiple user accounts on a computer at once.
- What happens after the license period expires?
- Privacy Eraser Pro will automatically downgrade to the Free edition. You can always download the latest updates from our website at any time of your convenience.
- How to install Privacy Eraser?
- If you download Privacy Eraser self-extracting setup file from Internet. Just double click the setup file in Windows Explorer and the setup process will start. If you download the Privacy Eraser zip package, please extract all files from the package into a temporary directory using your archiver, such as WinZip or WinRAR. Run the installation program(setup.exe), follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- How to uninstall Privacy Eraser?
There are two ways to uninstall Privacy Eraser:
1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Privacy Eraser -> Uninstall Privacy Eraser
2. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features or or Add/Remove Programs -> Privacy Eraser
|Main Features|| Privacy Eraser
| Privacy Eraser
|Clean up all your Internet history tracks and past computer activities with one click.|
|Embedded over 250 FREE, pre-configured plug-ins to detect & clean the tracks of popular applications.|
|Security Level: Normal file deletion and Simple zero-fill (1 pass)|
|Security Level: US DoD 5220.22-M (3 passes), US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) (7 passes), Peter Gutmann (35 passes) and Custom wipe methods|
|Windows Startup Manager|
|Multi-user Profiles Cleaning|
|Free Priority 24/7 Technical Support|