Privacy Eraser is an easy to use solution for protecting your privacy by deleting your browsing history and other computer activities. All main popular web browsers are supported, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
With literally one click, Privacy Eraser will erase all digital footprints - web browser cache, cookies, browsing history, address bar history, typed urls, autocomplete form history, saved passwords, index.dat files, Windows' run history, search history, open/save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, dns cache, log files, error reporting and more.
Privacy Eraser also supports plugins to further extend the software's cleaning features. Meaning you can also delete whatever tracks are left behind by other applications with your own plugins. Privacy Eraser embedded more than 250 free plugins, supporting many popular programs such as ACDSee, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office, WinZip, WinRAR, Windows Media Player, VLC Player, BitTorrent, Google Toolbar and many others.
Privacy Eraser works with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2012/2008 (32/64-bit), and also supports Windows FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS file systems. The software implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standards, giving you the confidence that once erased, your file data is gone forever and can never be recovered.
- Internet Explorer (IE), Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera
Cleans internet cache, browsing history, cookies, typed urls, download history, autocomplete & autofill form history, saved password and much more.
Better computer security: cleans run history, search history, open & save history, recent documents, temporary files, recycle bin, clipboard, taskbar jump lists, dns cache, log files, memory dumps, error reporting and more.
- Third party applications
More than 250 free, pre-configured plugins to clean the traces of many popular applications. You can also extend cleaning features by making your own app plugins - allowing any application's traces to be deleted.
- Security level
Supports Simple zero-fill (1 pass), US DoD 5220.22-M (3 passes), US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) (7 passes), Peter Gutmann (35 passes) and custom wipe methods.
- File shredder
Permanently erase specific files and folders from your PC - beyond any hope of recovery.
- Drive Wiper
Securely wipes spare and hidden areas on your drives. All free clusters on the drive/s, including the contents of deleted files and folders, will be wiped like a new drive.
- Real-time monitoring
You can set Privacy Eraser to run automatically every time you close your browser, or you can set it to monitor your Windows system in the background and detect when to clean.
- And much more...
- Easy to use
Cleans all of your internet history traces and past activities with one click.
Permanently deletes web history, websites and URLs visited, user names and passwords from a public or shared computer.
Implements and in fact exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standards. Once deleted, your file data is gone forever and can not possibly be recovered.
Recovers hard drive space by deleting unnecessary and redundant files.
Speeds up internet surfing and browsing, boosts your PC's performance and stability making it faster, leaner and more efficient.
- Intel/AMD or compatible processor
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.x, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2012, 2008 (32 or 64-bit)
- 512MB of RAM or more
- 10MB of available hard disk space
- Why do you need Privacy Eraser?
- Maybe you don't realize that Windows and many third-party applications store history about what you have done, what documents you have used, what websites you have visited, what images and movies you have seen, and various other activities you have performed. All these history are stored on your computer.
- The Windows built-in functions will not protect you, most of the history can not be deleted with them. Therefore, anyone else can see what you have been doing on your computer, which raises several privacy concerns. Furthermore, much of your activity information takes up valuable drive space, and recovering this space can be very beneficial.
- Cleaning up the history of your activities can be a tedious chore of manually removing each history file or entry. If privacy and drive space are to be maintained, this process must be performed every time you use your computer. Our excellent all-in-one privacy suite, Privacy Eraser can automate this process for you!
- How does it work?
- When you delete a file from Windows, Windows just mark the file as deleted in File Allocation Table, no data is changed or overwritten and the file's contents will still exist on your computer, there are many tools available which can let others easily recover your sensitive files. Privacy Eraser completely overwrites the contents of the file and then deletes it, so an undelete program will never be able to recover it.
- Furthermore, the free space on hard drive usually contains the contents of the files that were previously deleted using standard Windows system commands, even you can not see them, the deleted files are still on your hard drive. Privacy Eraser permanently erases all the data on the free space with several series of passes to minimize data remanence on drives using any current techniques of encoding data on the hard drive, ensures that deleted files will not be recovered by any third party software.
- Can data erased by Privacy Eraser be recovered?
- Privacy Eraser completely implements and exceeds the US Department of Defense and NSA clearing and sanitizing standard, to gives you confidence that once erased, your file data is gone forever and can not be recovered.
- Note: The US Department of Defense recommends 3 overwrites, NSA recommends 7 overwrites. The more times you specify, the longer the wipe cycle will take, especially for large files or hard drives.
- Why do some browsing history still exist after cleaning?
- It is strongly recommended that you close all Windows Explorers, browsers and applications before cleaning, because some files can not be deleted when they are in use. For Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera, even you close all the windows of them, maybe their icons are still in the system tray (lower right of the screen). Please check the system tray to see if there is an icon of them, if you can find, please right click on it to close it.
If you enabled Advanced sync settings in Google Chrome, please follow the steps below to change the sync settings:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click Settings on Google Chrome menu.
3. On Sign in section, click Advanced sync settings... button, a dialog box will appear.
4. Click dropdown box, select Choose what to sync.
5. Uncheck History checkbox, then click OK button.
6. Close Google Chrome and run Privacy Eraser again.
- Do I need to be an administrator to run Privacy Eraser?
- Ideally yes. But you can still use it as a standard or limited user. In this case, Windows may prevent you from performing some advanced cleaning tasks.
- Does Privacy Eraser clean all the user accounts on the computer?
- Yes, it does. With multi-user profiles cleaning, you can easily clean multiple user accounts on a computer at once.
- What happens after the license period expires?
- Privacy Eraser Pro will automatically downgrade to the Free edition. You can always download the latest updates from our website at any time of your convenience.
- How to install Privacy Eraser?
- If you download Privacy Eraser self-extracting setup file from Internet. Just double click the setup file in Windows Explorer and the setup process will start. If you download the Privacy Eraser zip package, please extract all files from the package into a temporary directory using your archiver, such as WinZip or WinRAR. Run the installation program(setup.exe), follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- How to uninstall Privacy Eraser?
There are two ways to uninstall Privacy Eraser:
1. Click Start > All Programs > Privacy Eraser > Uninstall Privacy Eraser
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs > Privacy Eraser
|Main Features|| Privacy Eraser
| Privacy Eraser
|Clean up Internet history and past computer activities with 1 click|
|250+ free plugins to detect & clean all traces of popular applications|
|Security Level: Normal file deletion and Simple zero-fill (1 pass)|
|Security Level: US DoD 5220.22-M (3 passes), US DoD 5220.22-M (ECE) (7 passes), Peter Gutmann (35 passes) and Custom wipe methods|
|Windows Startup Manager|
|Multi-user Profile Cleaning|
|Priority 24/7 Technical Support|